samedi 2 mars 2013

A Poem for the Weekend

Hello lovelies!

I found this excerpt on the enhabiten blog, and I just love it! The illustration is by me.

a drawing I did back in 2005. Lipson (c) 2005.


Letter to a Lost Friend

By Barbara Hamby
There must be a Russian word to describe what has happened
              between us, like ostyt, which can be used
for a cup of  tea that is too hot, but after you walk to the next room,
              and return, it is too cool; or perekhotet,
which is to want something so much over months
              and even years that when you get it, you have lost
the desire. Pushkin said, when he saw his portrait by Kiprensky,
              “It is like looking into a mirror, but one that flatters me.”

Read the entire poem here and enjoy! And by the way, hello, March!
Naomi of TeaButterfly.

Aucun commentaire: