Google+ Followers

jeudi 9 décembre 2010

Marvelous, Snowy Paris

Hello,

Oh I almost forgot, my lovelies!

I also spent 10 days in Paris! It was magical under the falling snow... And so was the nearby countryside...

video


Here's the bride (my little sister) in her diminutive white dress I mentioned yesterday.



I also ate a part of this wedding cake (amazing, huh? consider that each and *every* little bun is filled with cream...)



I took pictures, just like my paparazzi brother (and really talented photographer).




I had my hair cut short and took a bunch of "glamour" pictures in the mirror, just for the fun of it.



I also celebrated my nephew's fifth birthday on December the 2nd. The candles read his name, simple idea, but brilliant. His cake was made of a pile of real Belgian waffles, brought back straight from Belgium by his travelling father. Cute, I say.



Had a "chocolat viennois" (that's a hot chocolate beverage with whipped cream topping) at an Art Deco café with my best friend.

The "Le Zeyer" café amazing Art Déco roof and lamps...


Enjoyed a Haendel opera. And cried.

Went to see the ceramic work of a pretty incredible 400 years' old dynasty of Korean masters who came to Japan, the CHIN family. I have no words for their craftmanship. I snapped a couple of pictures of their more simple, understated work:


A simple Korean bowl

White crackeled vase with a decor of orchids.


Otherwise, the exhibition was filled with golden dragons, lions and phenixes... not much to my Mingei (zen, local, low-key) taste.

 The Petit Palais Museum's round interior garden.

Also went to the Petit Palais Museum (with its pretty round interior garden, under the snow again) and discovered quite a master in the rendering of light. The Italian impressionist Giuseppe de Nittis. Oh my!

 Snowy entrance to the Petit Palais Museum.

So Paris was a feast of all the senses as usual, and my sister's marriage came as a climax of family gathering, and general peace, joy and warmth... ;-)



Last but not least, it was also nice to come home to find my comfy sofa and nicest, sweetest cat ever, just waiting for me...





I will be back tomorrow with more buterfflies news, so in the meantime... enjoy!

Vic from TeaButterfly.



PS: And tea-wise? I drank a lot of Japanese genmaĩcha... ;-)))

Aucun commentaire: